Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The Writing Life

Seems like it's been a million years since the elections. Although there was a lot of caterwauling and whining that ensued, I decided not to partake. I didn't see much good coming from it so I decided to concentrate on my writing for a while.

I've been working on revising the manuscript for my debut novel and have a couple of agents and a publisher looking at it. Additionally, I have extended my book reviewing in a couple of directions. I have started reviewing books for The RAW Sistaz Reviewers whose reviews are widely disseminated throughout the African-American literary world, including QBR: The Black Book Review and Black Issues Book Reviews, as well as major players like Amazon.

I also acquired a new gig at a growing online magazine, Pop Matters (www.popmatters.com). You may also see my reviews soon at another e-zine, www.seeingblack.com.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting away from the dysfunction of our most recent presidential election and focusing my talents on something a little more meaningful.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 15, 2004 at 12:57:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, great blog by the way..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > http://sisterstalk.com/blackblogs/links.php