Monday, February 15, 2010

SNOW DAY 2010

As everyone knows, people in the deep South go crazy when it snows.  Although I spent some time living in Rhode Island, that experience is of little help when you live somewhere where they don't have trucks that drive around dispensing sand or salt to keep the snow from taking over the roadways.

By the time I got home from work on Friday evening, my neighborhood was almost covered and the roads barely showed a single set of tire tracks to mark the way.  And when I wanted to make a short trip to the store at about 7:30 pm, my Yukon would only fishtail halfway up the driveway before sliding back down.

The boys, of course, had fun the next morning.  With six inches of fresh snowfall, the neighborhood had a massive snowball fight and culminated the day with the construction of an 8 foot snowman and the boys and I made vanilla snow ice cream.

So, here are a few pictures to chronicle the day.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogs By Black Women # > http://sisterstalk.com/blackblogs/links.php